top of page


  • Why do i need to bring to renew my registration?
    ▪️A copy of current registration or postal card that you received by mail. ▪️Florida insurance card (for vessels, trailers and motorcycles insurance is not required). ▪️Driver’s license
  • What do i need if i purchased a vehicle from private party and nee d to title the vehicle and get a plate?
    For Florida state title transfers Buyer needs to bring title properly filled out with seller’s signature, purchaser’s signature, selling price and odometer. If title is filled out correctly seller does not need to be present. Although, we recommend seller’s presence in order to assure that the title has been transferred out of their name. Buyer needs to bring Florida insurance and Florida driver’s license. Sales tax will be collected on selling price. For out of state title transfers Original out of state title clear of all liens. Vehicle must be present for vin and odometer verification. Proof of Florida insurance. Valid driver’s license. Owner must be present (If vehicle was purchased from out of state make sure title is filled out with selling price and both seller and buyers signature). *Sales tax will be collected on purchase price of the vehicle or vessel*
  • What do i need for out of state titles when the vehicle is still being financed?
    Owner must come in so we can apply for the title to the out of state lien holder. We need a copy of the registration from which state you are coming from and the lien holders name, address, account number and fax. Proof of Florida driver’s license. If your license plate is expired, we will issue a 30 day temporary plate. Once title arrives, we will contact you so you may bring the vehicle for inspection. Once transaction is complete the lien holder will receive the new Florida title.
  • What paper work do i need to bring to register a trailor?
    Trailers weighing under 2,000 pounds are not titled. If the trailer is bought brand new, you will need to bring a manufactures statement of origin, bill of sale or invoice from the seller and taxes will be collected if applicable. If the trailer is bought used you will need to bring sellers registration and you will need a bill of sale. If your trailer is home made you will have to weight the trailer at a certified weight station.
  • Why do i get a handicapped permit?
    You will need to bring form 83039 application for disabled person parking permit accurately completed, including the “physician’s statement of certification” section verifying the disability. A Florida driver’s license number or Florida Identification number is required.
  • What do i need if my license plate or decal was stolen?
    You will need to obtain a case number from the police department. Bring your current registration. Bring your Florida driver’s license. Owner must be present.
  • What do i do if i renewed my registeration by mail or internet and i never received anything?
    Owner must come in with driver’s license and registration. We will then contact the county agency to determine if there is enough time for them to mail you your validated registration. If your plate is expired we can issue a lost in transit registration for $3.50 at our Broward location or $5.00 at our Miami-Dade location.
  • When does my registration expire?
    When a registration is issued in a persons name, it will expire on the persons birth date, excluding some lease vehicles, mobile homes and commercial vehicles. Mobil homes expire at midnight on December 31st. Commercial vehicles expire May 31 or December 31 they may be renewed semi-annually or annually. Registration issued under a company name or lease company are assigned a designated month and expire on midnight on the last day of that month.
  • When is a late fee applied?
    A late fee is applied on the 11th day of the next month following your renewal period.
  • How can i check when my registration expires?
    On your current Florida registration the expiration date is located on the middle right hand side of your registration.
bottom of page